David Trinh – Exchange in Sweden
Where did you go on exchange?
The Royal Institute of Technology Sweden (KTH)
Why did you go on exchange?
I’d never been overseas before and I wanted to see something new.
What were the highlights of your trip?
- Discovering a totally new culture and way of thinking.
- Backpacking around Europe afterwards.
- The midnight sun.
- Stockholm – truly a beautiful city.
- Meeting the crazy Swedes
What was a hard/difficult thing during your trip?
- The lack of good ASIAN food and cheap places to eat.
- The autumn weather (no Sun for a MONTH).
- Not being old enough to get into (some) pubs.
- Breaking open the quieter Swedes
What would you say to someone considering going on exchange?
- Decide early – it takes money to go on exchange.
- Be stubborn – never let rules stop you, don’t always turn away when people say no.
- Be flexible – there is always a solution to every problem or someone willing to help you
- Remember – you are on holidays too while on exchange, why not go backpacking around Europe or the US?
- Blend in – you are there to be a part of the culture, don’t just hang around the other exchange students.