School Successes for funding for New Research Projects from the ARC
The School is very pleased to reveal the success of the following staff in obtaining research grants in the recent announcement from the Australian Research Council.
- Dr Jianqiang Zhang and Prof David Young – Role of oxide grain boundaries in controlling high temperature corrosion of steels by CO2- rich gases.
- Dr John Daniels – Enhanced electro-active properties in polycrystalline ceramics: a multi-length-scale approach.
- Prof Michael Ferry – A new class of poly-amorphous alloy exhibiting outstanding damage tolerance.
Linkage Projects with Industry
- Prof Michael Ferry and Dr Kevin Laws – The design of new die-castable bulk metallic glasses exhibiting superior mechanical performance
- Prof Oleg Ostrovski – The use of non-traditional materials in production of manganese alloys with economic and environmental benefits.
- Prof Veena Sahajwalla – Novel Recycling Approach for Automative Waste Glass and Plastics.
LIEF Grants for New Equipment
- A/Prof Sean Li, Prof Veena Sahajwalla and Dr Xuchuan Jiang – A magnetic property measurement facility for the development of advanced materials and biomedical technologies in the Sydney basin.
- Prof Aibing Yu, A/Prof Runyu Yang, Prof Mark Hoffman and Prof Oleg Ostrovski – An advanced computational facility based on a graphic processing unit for particulate research.