UNSW Open Day 2010
So just what is Materials Science and Engineering? Ask our current students and academics all you’re ever wanted to know about Materials Science & Engineering, our School, our study Programs, our Scholarships and our Student Society, MatSoc. Look out for the orange T-shirts, we’ll be easy to find on the main walkway, in the largest marquee in the Science Section. We will also be in the Student Advisory Centre, in the Scientia building for all those nitty-gritty questions about our Materials programs, as well as our Nanotechnology program.
Want some action? Then check out our:
- Charpy impact test with an unusual kick…
- An LZR Racer swimsuit thanks to Speedo Australia – pretty impressive results!
- Ask George, our postgraduate sky jumper how materials keep him safe on his descent from the skies.
- Make time to check out our biomaterials on display.
- A hot water powered engine? Yes, we can!
- Ever seen a train levitate – ask us how…
- And much, much more!
UNSW Open Day
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday 4th September
|Hot water engine using shape memory alloys|