Veena Sahajwalla recognized in list of 100 Women of Influence
Laureate Professor Veena Sahajwalla is one of six UNSW academics recognised in the "100 Women of Influence Awards for 2015".
The prestigious annual awards, bestowed by The Australian Financial Review and Westpac, select 100 women across 10 categories: board/management, innovation, public policy, business enterprise, diversity, young leader, local/regional, global, culture and social enterprise/not-for-profit.
The 500 entrants for 2015 were assessed by a panel of judges and have been recognised based on 'their outstanding ability to demonstrate vision, leadership, innovation and action in and beyond their fields’.
The UNSW women of influence for 2015 are:
- Professor and Director of the Centre for Sustainable Materials Research and Technology, Veena Sahajwalla (Innovation)
- Professor Maria Kavallaris, the co-director of the Australian Centre for NanoMedicine and Program Head at the Children’s Cancer Institute (Innovation)
- Conjoint Professor Karen Canfell, based at the Cancer Council NSW (Innovation)
- Scientia Professor Jane McAdam, Director of the Andrew & Renata Kaldor Centre for International Refugee Law (Global)
- Conjoint Professor Theresa Jacques from the St George and Sutherland Clinical School (Public Policy)
- Associate Professor Barbara Junghans from the School of Optometry and Vision Science (Local/Regional)