Winners of School Research Poster Competition
The School of Materials Poster Competition attracted a large number of entries from the School’s postgraduate research students and postdoctoral research fellows. The School congratulates the following winners and runners up:
- Matthew Komiyama – Numerical Model to Lengthen the Blast Furnace Campaign Life
- Hugh Simons – In-situ neutron diffraction of electric field-induced transformations in lead-free 94%(Bi1/2Na1/2)TiO3-6%BaTiO3
- Jake Cao – Magnesium-Based Bio-absorbable Metallic Glasses
- Neil Lazo – Design of low density biomimetic core structures
- Yansong Shen – Modelling the combustion of coal blends in energy-intensive industries
- Joseph Arsecularatne – On the wear mechanism of human dental enamel
- Dorian Hanaor – Titanium Dioxide Photocatalysts for Water Purification
- All have received a certificate and cash prizes totalling over $2500.
Thank you to Hugh Simons, President of the School Postgraduate Students Committee, for his efforts in organising the event and also to our judges – Prof Chris Sorrell, Dr David Pinson (BluescopeSteel) and Maryam Khajeh (Faculty of Science Commercialisation Manager).