- Vice-Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Fellow, School of Materials Science and Engineering, The University of New South Wales 2009-
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Materials Research Division, Risø National Laboratory for Sustainable Energy Technical University of Denmark 2008-2009
- Research Associate, Department of Applied Physics, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University 2006-2008
Most significant contributions are in the field of multifunctional oxide thin films for ferroelectric, piezoelectric, dielectric and electro-optic applications. Areas of research include: Thin film technology and physics; Functional materials and devices; Micro/nanofabrication techniques; Structural analysis and x-ray physics. Recognition of this includes: 45+ papers in international journals.
- D. Y. Wang, S. Li, H. L. W. Chan and C. L. Choy, “Optical and electro-optic anisotropy of epitaxial Ba0.7Sr0.3TiO3 thin films”, Applied Physics Letters, 96, 061905, (2010).
- D. Y. Wang, P. Yun, Y. Wang, H. L. W. Chan and C. L. Choy, “Influence of oxygen partial pressure on the structural and dielectric properties of Ba(Zr0.3Ti0.7)O3 thin films grown on LSAT (001) using pulsed laser deposition”, Thin Solid Films, 517, 2092, (2009).
- D. Y. Wang, D. M. Lin, K. S. Wong, K. W. Kwok, J. Y. Dai and H. L. W. Chan, “Piezoresponse and ferroelectric properties of lead-free [Bi0.5(Na0.7K0.2Li0.1)0.5] TiO3 thin films by pulsed laser deposition”, Applied Physics Letters, 92, 222909, (2008)
- D. Y. Wang, J. Wang, H. L. W. Chan and C. L. Choy, “Structural and electro-optic properties of Ba0.7Sr0.3TiO3 thin films grown on various substrates using pulsed laser deposition”, Journal of Applied Physics, 101(04), 043515, (2007).
- D. Y. Wang, Y. Wang, X. Y. Zhou, H. L. W. Chan and C. L. Choy, “Enhanced in-plane ferroelectricity in Ba0.7Sr0.3TiO3 thin films grown on MgO (001) single-crystal substrate”, Applied Physics Letters, 86 (21), 212904, (2005).