Dr Sagar Shirsath
• Postdoctoral Research Fellow, School of Materials Science and Engineering, University of New South Wales (UNSW), July 2017 - present
• Lecturer, Vivekanand College, Aurangabad, MS, India, April 2014 - July2017
• JSPS Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Shinshu University, Nagano, Japan, April 2012 - April 2014
• Lecturer, Vivekanand College, Aurangabad, MS, India, March 2006 - April 2012
My research field is mainly focused on magnetism and magnetic materials; particularly ferrites, for their possible application in recording media, ferrite core, rare-earth free permanent magnet, multi-layer chip inductors and microwave absorber. My research area also includes spintronics, multi-walled carbon nano-tubes and multiferroics. I am a reviewer of more than 40 research journals and also serving as editorial board member of 6 international peer reviewed journals.
Honours, Awards and Memberships:
• JSPS Posdoctoral Research Fellowship
• Member of Magnetic Society of Japan
• Member of Indian Science Congress
• Member of Indian Physics Association
• UGC-CSR DAE, Mumbai, India, 'Magnetic structure of monodispersed FePt nanoparticles by neutron scattering', 2016 - Present.
• Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, Japan, ‘Study of self-assembled ferrite nano-dot for high density patterned recording media’, 2012-2014.
• University Grants Commission, India, 'Magnetic ordering and hyperfine interactions in magnetic semiconducting nanoparticles', 2011 – 2016
• 1. Sagar E. Shirsath, S.S. Jadhav, M.L. Mane, Sean Li, ‘Ferrites Obtained by Sol-Gel Method’ in L. Klein, M. Aparicio, A. Jitianu (eds.) Handbook of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, Processing, Characterization and Applications, edn. 2, Springer, (2018), https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-19454-7_125-1
• 2. Sagar E. Shirsath, Xiaoxi Liu, Yukiko Yasukawa, Sean Li, Akimitsu Morisako, Switching of magnetic easy-axis using crystal orientation for large perpendicular coercivity in CoFe2O4 thin film, Scientific Reports, 6, 30074 (2016).
• 3. Yukiko Yasukawa, Xiaoxi Liu, Sagar Shirsath, Hisayuki Suematsu, Yukio Kotaki, Yoshihiro Nemoto, Masaki Takeguchi, Akimitsu Morisako, Control of the spatial distribution and crystal orientation of self-organized Au nanoparticles, Nanotechnology, 27, 385605 (2016).
• 4. Ram A. Pawar, Sunil M. Patange, Sagar E. Shirsath*, Spin glass behavior and enhanced but frustrated magnetization in Ho3+ substituted Co-Zn ferrite interacting nanoparticles, RSC Advances, 6, 76590 (2016).
• 5. S. M. Patange, S.S. Desai, S.S. Meena, S. M. Yusuf, Sagar E. Shirsath*, Random site occupancy induced disordered Néel-type collinear spin alignment in heterovalent Zn2+-Ti4+ ions substituted CoFe2O4, RSC Advances, 5, 91482 (2015).
• 6. Xiaoxi Liu, Sagar Shirsath, Kensuke Shindoh, Co-Ferrite thin films with perpendicular magnetic anisotropy, IEEE Trans. Magn. 51, 2200304 (2015).
• 7. Sagar E. Shirsath, Yukiko Yasukawa, Ali Ghasemi, Xiaoxi Liu, and Akimitsu Morisako, Bi2O3 liquid phase assisted and Mn substituted permeability and magnetic properties of Ni-Cu-Zn ferrite for MLCI application, J. Appl. Phys. 115 (2014) 17A515.
• 8. Sagar E. Shirsath, Mahesh L. Mane, Yukiko Yasukawa, Xiaoxi Liu and Akimitsu Morisako, Self-ignited high temperature synthesis and enhanced super-exchange interactions of Ho3+-Mn2+-Fe3+-O2- ferromagnetic nanoparticles, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 16, 2347 (2014).
• 9. R. A. Torquato, Sagar E. Shirsath, R.H.G.A. Kiminami, A.C.F.M. Costa Synthesis and structural, magnetic characterization of nanocrystalline Zn1-xMnxO diluted magnetic semiconductors (DMSs) synthesized by combustion reaction, Ceram Int. 40, 6553 (2014).
• 10. Sagar E. Shirsath, M. L. Mane, Yukiko Yasukawa, Xiaoxi Liu, Akimitsu Morisako, Chemical tuning of structure formation and combustion process in CoDy0.1Fe1.9O4 nanoparticles: Influence@pH, J. Nanopart. Res. 15, 1976 (2013).
• 11. Ali Ghasemi, Xiaoxi Liu, Akimitsu Morisako, Sagar E. Shirsath, Magnetic and reflection loss characteristics of SrFe12-x(Sm0.5Dy0.5)xO19/multiwalled carbon nanotube nanocomposite, IEEE Trans. Magn. 49, 4218 (2013).
• 12. S. M. Patange, Sagar E. Shirsath*, S. S. Jadhav, K. M. Jadhav Cation distribution study of nanocrystalline NiFe2-xCrxO4 ferrite by XRD, magnetization and Mössbauer spectroscopy, Phys. Status Solidi A 209, 347 (2012).
• 13. Sagar E. Shirsath, R. H. Kadam, S. M. Patange, M. L. Mane, Ali Ghasemi, Akimitsu Morisako, Enhanced magnetic properties of Dy3+ substituted Ni-Cu-Zn ferrite nanoparticles, Appl. Phys. Lett. 100, 042407 (2012).
• 14. Sagar E. Shirsath, Santosh S. Jadhav, B. G. Toksha, S. M. Patange, and K. M. Jadhav, Remarkable influence of Ce4+ ions on the electronic conduction of Ni1-2xCexFe2O4, Scripta Materialia 64, 773 (2011).
• 15. B. G. Toksha, Sagar E. Shirsath*, M. L. Mane, S. M. Patange, S. S. Jadhav, K. M. Jadhav, Auto-combustion high-temperature synthesis, structural and magnetic properties of CoCrxFe2-xO4 (0 ≤ x ≤ 1.0), J. Phys. Chem. C 115, 20905 (2011).
Click here for all publications