Senior Research Associate
E10 / 220
+61 (0)2 9385 6038
+61 (0)2 9385 6565
- Senior Research Associate, School of Materials Science and Engineering, UNSW (2015 - present)
- Research Associate, School of Materials Science and Engineering, UNSW (2011 - 2015)
- Research Associate, Centre for Sustainable Materials and Research Technology (SMaRT), UNSW (2008 - 2011)
- PhD, Materials Science and Engineering , UNSW (2009)
- Master of Technology, Materials Science & Technology, NIT-Calicut, India (2004)
- Bachelor of Technology, Mechanical Engineering, University of Kerala, India (2002)
- Utilisation of waste materials in ceramic and metallurgical applications
- Development of photocatalytic films/particles for water and air purification
- Development of corrosion-resistant refractory compositions for non-ferrous casting
- Development of geopolymers as cement substitutes
- Development of bioceramic coatings and nanoparticles for cell therapies and implants
- Understanding coke degradation mechanisms in blast furnace operations
- MATS4002 – Design with Advanced Ceramics (2014 - present)
- MATS3004 – Polymer Science and Engineering 1 (2014 - present)
- MATS4006 – Polymer Science and Engineering 2 (2014 - present)
- MATS2294 – Thermal and Mechanical Properties of Ceramics (2012)
- MATS2183 – Refractories (2011)
Labortaory Activity Coordination:
- MATS1101 – Engineering Materials and Chemistry Laboratories (2011-present)
- MATS1192 – Design and Application of Materials in Science and Engineering (2014 - present)
- MATS2004 – Mechanical Properties of Materials (2014 - present)
Honours, Awards and Memberships:
- Associate Editor - Journal of the Australian Ceramic Society - 2017
- Vice Chancellor's Award for Teaching Excellence - 2015
- Faculty of Science Excellence in Teaching Award - 2014
- Students awarded best paper in Nanotechnology Section and 2nd best presentation at 10th Eco-Energy and Materials Science and Engineering Conference, Thailand - 2012
- Awarded Early Career Researcher Grant - 2011
- Awarded Faculty of Science Research Grant - 2010
- Endeavour International Post-graduate Research Scholarship - 2005
- Ranked first for Masters at NITC-Calicut, India - 2004
- Ranked first in B.Tech (Mechanical Engg) at University of Kerala, India - 2002
- H. Ren, P. Koshy, W.-F. Chen, S. Qi, and C.C. Sorrell, “Photocatalytic Materials and Technologies for Air Purification”, Journal of Hazardous Materials 325, 340-366 (2016).
- E. Adabifiroozjaei, P. Koshy, E. Rastkerdar, and C.C. Sorrell, “Interfacial Reactions between Anorthite (CaAl2Si2O8) and Al 7075 Alloy at 850°C and 1150°C”, Journal of the American Ceramic Society 99  1694-1708 (2016).
- H. Ren, P. Koshy, F. Cao, and C.C. Sorrell, “Multivalence Charge Transfer in Doped and Codoped Photocatalytic TiO2”, Inorganic Chemistry 55  8071-81 (2016).
- T.C. Lee, P. Koshy, H.Z. Abdullah, and M.I. Idris“ Precipitation of bone-like apatite on anodised titanium in simulated body fluid under UV irradiation”, Surface & Coatings Technology 301 20-28 (2016).
- W.-F. Chen, P. Koshy, and C.C. Sorrell, “Effects of Film Topology and Contamination as a Function of Thickness on the Photo-Induced Hydrophilicity of Transparent TiO2 Thin Films Deposited on Glass Substrates by Spin Coating”, Journal of Materials Science 51  2465-80 (2016).
- E. Adabifiroozjaei, P. Koshy, R. Pardehkhorram, E. Rastkerdar, and C.C. Sorrell, “Interfacial Reactions between BaAl2Si2O8 and Molten Al Alloy at 850°C”, Journal of the American Ceramic Society 98  3299-3307 (2015).
- W.-F. Chen, P. Koshy, and C.C. Sorrell, “Effect of Intervalence Change Transfer on Photocatalytic Performance of Cobalt- and Vanadium-Codoped TiO2 Thin Films”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 40  16215-29 (2015).
- C.C. Sorrell, P. Koshy, and S. Koszo, “Percolated Mullite and Methods of Forming Same”, International Patent No. WO/2013/082670, 13 June 2013.
- W.L. Kwong, A. Nakaruk, P. Koshy, and C.C. Sorrell, “Tunable Photoelectrochemical Properties by Nanostructural Control in WO3 Thin Films Prepared by Carboxylic Acid-Assisted Electrodeposition”, Journal of Physical Chemistry C 117 17766-17776 (2013).
- J.R. Dankwah, P. Koshy, N. Saha-Chaudhury, P. O’Kane, C. Skidmore, D. Knights, and V. Sahajwalla, “Reduction of FeO in EAF Steelmaking Slag by Metallurgical Coke and Waste Plastics Blends”, ISIJ International 51  498-507 (2011).